Page 1 of 2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:37 pm
by Profanity
Hey all

Gee, I suck at this kind of thing.

My name is Giovanna, but most people call me Gia, which I prefer. I live in East London. I'm training as a make up artist, mostly for film companies and the occasional ad campaign. Don't be fooled it's not as glamorous as it sounds.

I've been a Smiths fan for as long as I can remember really and only came across this forum recently. Well, to be quite honest I had tried to join this forum before and never received an activation email, yet this morning I received an email saying about changes etc, so I took the opportunity again.

My other interests include horror movies, and my puppy Oscar.

Anyway, I look forward to participating on the forum and perhaps getting to know you all a little better.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:04 pm
by Boxguy
Hi Gia! Welcome aboard our wonderful little ship sailing amongst the seas of them there internets! Kick back and make yourself comfy, this is truly a great place to hang around. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:39 pm
by Profanity
Thank you very much for the warm welcome. Tis much appreciated.

As I said, I look forward to browsing and contributing to the forum.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:54 pm
by chicken
welcome aboard the board, Gia!!

always room for one more here.

stay and have a cup of tea :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:16 am
by Truman Capote
chicken wrote:welcome aboard the board, Gia!!

always room for one more here.

stay and have a cup of tea :D

Ditto. :)
Hope you like it here, Gia. It's great to have a new member and I would like to get to know you too.

Welcome!!!

Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:49 am
by elko
Profanity wrote:Hey all

Gee, I suck at this kind of thing.

My name is Giovanna, but most people call me Gia, which I prefer. I live in East London. I'm training as a make up artist, mostly for film companies and the occasional ad campaign. Don't be fooled it's not as glamorous as it sounds.

I've been a Smiths fan for as long as I can remember really and only came across this forum recently. Well, to be quite honest I had tried to join this forum before and never received an activation email, yet this morning I received an email saying about changes etc, so I took the opportunity again.

My other interests include horror movies, and my puppy Oscar.

Anyway, I look forward to participating on the forum and perhaps getting to know you all a little better.

Hullo Gia! Thanks for taking the time to give our forum another chance, I don't know what went wrong but it was probably my fault. Anyway I hope you like the place. Oh and you're right, it does sound glamorous, have you touched the faces of famous people??

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:10 pm
by Profanity
chicken wrote:welcome aboard the board, Gia!!

always room for one more here.

stay and have a cup of tea :D

Ta very much. I'm partial to a nice cup of tea. Put the kettle on!

Truman Capote wrote:Ditto. :)
Hope you like it here, Gia. It's great to have a new member and I would like to get to know you too.

Welcome!!!

Image

I think I'll like it here just fine. Everyone seems so friendly.


elko wrote:Hullo Gia! Thanks for taking the time to give our forum another chance, I don't know what went wrong but it was probably my fault. Anyway I hope you like the place. Oh and you're right, it does sound glamorous, have you touched the faces of famous people??

Hey, one thing I've learned in this life is never to take the blame ;)

Oh it sounds so glam but alas not. As I'm only training I haven't been let loose on the faces of any real celebs. Just the extras I'm afraid and a couple of D-listers who invariably turn up at the opening of an envelope.

Thank you all for the very warm welcome. I think I'm gonna like it here.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:54 pm
by Boxguy
Truman Capote wrote:Image

Tru, if you ever are around these parts I must take you to Holcomb!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:00 pm
by Truman Capote
Boxguy wrote:<!--quoteo(post=43114:date=Jan 7 2008, 11:16 PM:name=Truman Capote)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Truman Capote @ Jan 7 2008, 11:16 PM) [snapback]43114[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Image

Tru, if you ever are around these parts I must take you to Holcomb!
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Oh please, that's one of my dreams! And once in Holcomb, please take me a picture like that one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:29 pm
by Cracked Pleasures
Hello Gia. I love horror movies. Which are your favourites? I still think The Exorcist is the greatest amongst films, but I also love horror films such as My Little Eye, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, vampire films, ...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:01 pm
by Profanity
Cracked Pleasures wrote:Hello Gia. I love horror movies. Which are your favourites? I still think The Exorcist is the greatest amongst films, but I also love horror films such as My Little Eye, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, vampire films, ...

Hello to you too :)

Oh any kind of horror. The Exorcist is certainly one of the best horror stories ever filmed. I also like zombie movies. Actually, who am I trying to kid. I love zombie movies - the cheaper, the nastier, the cheesier, the better.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:25 pm
by Cracked Pleasures
Zombies are great, although I prefer vampires even more. I only don't like gore movies like Hostel or Rob Zombie's films, but regular horror is always great. Even horror with some psychological aspects on it, like The Exorcism Of Emily Rose. Oh, and I love the Hannibal trilogy, Anthony Hopkins is a genius.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:36 pm
by Profanity
Don't forget The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - the original of course. It's damn near a masterpeice.

Leatherface, truly one of the great film icons of the seventies.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:45 pm
by Cracked Pleasures
Ah yes. I did like the remake as well somewhat, although it did not come close to the original. The original also had a much greater impact because it was so groundbreaking in that time, much like The Exorcist.

Re: Room for one more?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:03 pm
by Profanity
Hi all.

I'm looking forward to resuming posting here after a couple of glitches - glitches on my part I have to confess.

Anyway, let's do this.