[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - How did you find out...

How did you find out...

Postby Noonan McKane » Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:32 am

Well, we're glad you did.
i shouted out 'who killed the kennedys?' when after all it was you and me
Noonan McKane
Smiths Nut!

Postby fifteen_minutes » Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:52 am

From morrissey-solo, I had bookmarked this site months ago and tonight I was going thru my faves and deleteing sites and well here Iam. Hello! <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->
fifteen_minutes

Postby elko » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:39 pm

Well, hi, welcome to the forums.
elko
Site Admin

Postby billy » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:59 am

<!--QuoteBegin-elko+May 29 2004, 11:28 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (elko @ May 29 2004, 11:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Just wondering how you people stumbled across the forum?

elko <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
just looking up smiths stuff on net
"i dreamt about you last night and i fell out of bed twice"
billy

Postby mozkatt » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:12 am

Saw it on Morrissey-Solo, also. I'm looking for a good forum without a lot of bashing each other, and bashing Morrissey himself. Everyone seems civil here!
mozkatt

Postby Still Ill » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:38 am

Hi and welcome mozkatt! I visit M-solo regularly for the news, but I rarely visit the forum anymore. It's awful, with no respect for anyone or any real direction, either. No one beats the hospitality on this site! Hope you'll visit often.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:10 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Still Ill+Mar 12 2005, 07:37 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Still Ill @ Mar 12 2005, 07:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi and welcome mozkatt!  I visit M-solo regularly for the news, but I rarely visit the forum anymore. It's awful, with no respect for anyone or any real direction, either. No one beats the hospitality on this site!  Hope you'll visit often.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The same sentiments here - the comments of some people on M-solo are sometimes giving me the creeps. What's the attraction in going online to bash and mock others and express such unbelievable lack of respect and total negativity? Things like this are beyond my understanding, apparently.
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby mozkatt » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:30 am

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, the people on Solo are a rather pissy bunch at times, aren't they?
I just don't understand bashing each other for opinions, or bashing Morrissey himself- if you're a fan, why be so nasty? I think I'll like this forum just fine.
mozkatt

Postby girl_afraid » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:44 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mozkatt+Mar 16 2005, 03:30 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mozkatt @ Mar 16 2005, 03:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I just don't understand bashing each other for opinions, or bashing Morrissey himself- if you're a fan, why be so nasty? I think I'll like this forum just fine. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Exactly! I hate that whenever he releases any new b-sides or whatever, loads of people start screaming that it's "shit" and he's "lost his touch" - pretty crappy fans if you ask me... <!--emo&<_<-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/fishnet_monkey/' target='_blank'>-click-</a>

I decree today that life is simply taking and not giving
England is mine, it owes me a living
But ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
Oh, ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
But we cannot cling to the old dreams anymore
No, we cannot cling to those dreams
Does the body rule the mind or does the mind rule the body?
I dunno...
Under the iron bridge we kissed
And although I ended up with sore lips
It just wasn't like the old days anymore
No, it wasn't like those days
Am I still ill...?
girl_afraid
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:34 pm

coolymccoolvin, be sure you share how you found out about this site. Welcome again and bye for now everyone. Anyone paying attention to the SxSW festival going on this week? Off topic I know, bye!
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:49 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Still Ill+Mar 16 2005, 11:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Still Ill @ Mar 16 2005, 11:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> coolymccoolvin, be sure you share how you found out about this site. Welcome again and bye for now everyone. Anyone paying attention to the SxSW festival going on this week? Off topic I know, bye! <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Mark Radcliffe (the only DJ I ever listen to) is broadcasting live from there on Thursday. Unfortunately this means that Noddy Holder has been in charge so far this week. For anyone unfamiliar with Noddy Holder, he's a smug old git who was in a quite shit band (Slade), who only reads out letters asking where people can buy his new album. Anyway, yes, the festival, what is it exactly? What genre?

(I would guess that Cooly saw my link on the E6 forum, although it could be a coincidence.)
elko
Site Admin

Postby Still Ill » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:36 am

South by Southwest (SxSW) held every year in Austin, Texas has been around since late 80's. (Austin's a big college town, anchored by nearby University of Texas.) It's a mega-festival put on by the media industry (it now includes Film). Well-known, obscure and all genres are represented. Found out about it last year when The Trashcan Sinatras played there. They played to great acclaim, but were greatly overshadowed by Franz Ferdinand. TCS is playing again this year (SpinArt is representing them there this year along with The Dears). Robert Plant is speaking. Too many acts to name. Mostly unknown groups, but the big night appears to be a slew of consecutive acts playing: the Futureheads, Doves, Hot Hot Heat, Kaiser Chiefs and San Diego's own Louis XIV. (elko: I also caught the name AKD from Bristol- good? bad? unknown? who cares?) BBC6 is airing live and I listened to TCS do an interview and sing 2 acoustic numbers earlier today. <!--emo&:rolleyes:-->Image<!--endemo--> )

Or you can simply check out: <a href='http://2005.sxsw.com/music/' target='_blank'>http://2005.sxsw.com/music/</a> if you didn't get past the third line!

Slade- I can thank the movie Velvet Goldmine for bringing me up to speed on the story behind Slade. Well, the way the movie told it, anyway.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby electric_russ » Mon May 16, 2005 6:29 pm

i was visiting chicken (one of my best mates) and got interested in the forum.
there seemed to be some very well spoken, strong characters here.
There's a mean bone in my body.
electric_russ
Advanced

Postby shoplifter » Wed May 25, 2005 8:45 am

I believe I Googled for "Smiths forum" or something of the like, didn't turn up this site right away but some thread from another forum with a link. I didn't care much for the message board at Moz-solo either, to plottered and hostile and bad-natured threads and replies.
shoplifter

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:13 am

i can't remember! and it was only a couple of days ago!

i have a recollection of being on google looking for the lyrics to this joke isn't funny anymore to give to someone... and then somehow i was on a site that was talking about each of the smiths albums and people's comments... and i have no idea how i got here <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->

but i'm glad i did.
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

PreviousNext

Return to Introduction Forum