Artistic Photos

Prose, poetry, music, art, it all goes in here! Showcase your creative talents.

Postby Truman Capote » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:07 pm

Here are some of my photos...

<!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Post your photos!!!!<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:03 pm

Those are ultimately cool. I love the road-crossing one, reminds me of Abbey Road, naturally.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Truman Capote » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:14 am

Black n' white sky

Ugly building

Funny and probably crazy people

Cemetery I

Cemetery II
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:59 pm

My beautiful Santa Cruz

A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:15 pm

elko wrote:Those are ultimately cool. I love the road-crossing one, reminds me of Abbey Road, naturally.

My thoughts exactly. :P
You've taken wonderful photos, Martyn - besides, I love black'n'white photography.
:rolleyes:

Pashy - your photos are simply gorgeous too - like postcards, or porters waiting to be put on a wall...

I am a huge fan of photography, but unfortunately have no camera, so for now I only cherish the work of others... so keep on posting! :)
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Sun May 06, 2007 6:37 am

Near my future house.
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Sun May 06, 2007 10:36 am

TC, are we still going to do that "artistic nudity" thread we discussed before New Year? :P ;)

Anyways on a serious note: those pictures are lovely. I love photography of architecture and sceneries myself but I always fail to make really good pictures as I never manage to capture the sights like I want to. I should consider buying a camera with one of those very wide lenses to capture a wider view as the size limitations of my cameras lense are usually why I am rarely fulfilled with my own pics. I fear a camera with bigger lense would cost too much though...

For some reason I like the "black and white sky" pic most of all. Very dramatic outlook but I think it looks fantastic.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Mon May 07, 2007 11:41 pm

Cracked Pleasures wrote:TC, are we still going to do that "artistic nudity" thread we discussed before New Year? :P ;)

We just need some of those outrageous artists, CP.

I have some more photos:

"HOTEL LANCASTER"

"MY GUITAR"

"TO GG"
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Tue May 08, 2007 10:49 pm

TO GG is GGreat!!
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Fri May 11, 2007 5:34 pm

they are all wonderful photos - keep on posting, guys!! :)
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Sat May 12, 2007 9:17 pm

Truman Capote wrote:<!--quoteo(post=40694:date=May 6 2007, 11:36 AM:name=Cracked Pleasures)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cracked Pleasures @ May 6 2007, 11:36 AM) [snapback]40694[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
TC, are we still going to do that "artistic nudity" thread we discussed before New Year? :P ;)

We just need some of those outrageous artists, CP.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Or just a google search (and a bit of a pervert sixth sence to trace the right sites) engine to spot them on other websites... :P Or a few courageous members posting pics of their own but don't look in my direction for that latter! :lol:

Truman Capote wrote:"HOTEL LANCASTER"

That is a great picture. Makes me feel like travelling (and that one day after just coming back from a travel) ; reminds me of those moments that you arrive in a city you never been before and checking into a random hotels, not knowing what to expect and feeling like you're in a place far away from all you're familiar with. Exciting and confusing feeling at once but the excitement of the city awaiting you usually conquers. That picture reminds me of some of my own trips: not having booked a hotel in advance, and then arriving somewhere far away late night and picking a random hotel somewhere in the middle of a 'new' metropolis...

I actually like arriving in new places at nighttime. When the city is at night, it enhances the feeling of 'being lost in a totally unknown place' while it at the same times also enhances the curiosity and excitement what city you will discover when you awake next morning. I once had bad luck though to arrive at nighttime and find all hotels fully booked, having had to sleep on a bench ; this only happened once though but in general I like nighttime arrivals in a city as it somehow enhances the experience.

Great picture! What city is this in ; is it Montevideo?

The one with the guitar and frame is also quite good!
Last edited by Cracked Pleasures on Sat May 12, 2007 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Sat May 12, 2007 9:55 pm

Cracked Pleasures wrote:Great picture! What city is this in ; is it Montevideo?

Yes, it is Montevideo.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Sun May 13, 2007 4:01 pm

Never been to South America yet but I'd fancy going someday.

Because of my preferences for polar areas, Tierra Del Fuego and the Falklands would be my prefered choice. Ushuaia is not the edge of the world, just south of the Beagle Channel is the Isla Navarrino with two very tiny settlements (Puerto Toro and Puerto Williams) which are the true southernmost settlements in the world. Must be unique to visit even though the Beagle Channel can be very risky to cross.

I would also like to visit Bolivia. There's a very small road from La Paz going down a very steep hill to the villages ... the road has no fences to prevent cars from falling down the mountains and the road is only wide enough for 1 car despite traffic in both directions. Very dangerous road and it is nicknamed the "Camino del Muerte".

And yeah I'd like to visit Buenos Aires and Montevideo as well. I like big cities and both seem very immense. The name Buenos Aires sounds very promising as well.

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Sun May 13, 2007 5:44 pm

I'd love to visit the Falklands too! And well Buenos Aires and Montevideo are quite similar for cultural and historic reasons, anyway now you can see some differences between them: Buenos Aires was modernized in the last years while Montevideo remains more like it used to be a long time ago. Jorge Luis Borges said that Montevideo has what Buenos Aires should have never left behind. Buenos Aires is a huge, noisy and globalized city; Montevideo is a small, dark and melancholic capital.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Sun May 13, 2007 6:39 pm

Dark and melancholic... sounds goth almost. I am becoming very interested.

Have you ever been in La Paz, TC? According to a friend of mine who travelled all over South America, it's one of the most authentic cities of the continent and somewhat isolated from the outside world unlike the metropolises like Buenos Aires and Santiago de Chile.

And the Falklands are a must-see for me, it is just too bad it is extremely expensive to get there. There is no flights from the S.American mainland (although they consider to change that) so you need to have a very very expensive flight from the UK or fly with a stop in Africa. Too bad because the Falklands have something very special about them, it is one of the remotest and most isolated (both politically and geographically) places on earth and one of the most untouched ones in term of scenery. The "edge of the world" feeling must be very big, just like in Tierra del Fuego.

Lot of South American cities have very attractive names also. Belo Horizonte, Buenos Aires, Santiago, Tierra del Fuego, ...

PS: according to Wikipedia the only capitals where you can see a different capital with the naked eye, are Kinshasa and Brazzaville (capitals of the two Congo's and seperated by a small river only, so you can the opposite capital on the other side of the water).
I doubt if that is true. Can't you see Buenos Aires from Montevideo? They are separated by a bay only, so aren't there any places where you can the other city in the distance?

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Next

Return to The Creativity Corner