poetics application

Prose, poetry, music, art, it all goes in here! Showcase your creative talents.

Postby chicken » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:10 am

got word today from the folks who run the workshop......your standard "unfortunately we can't accept everyone who applies....yadda yadda yadda"

such is life.
i think it means i need to work harder; which is a pain because i'm finding it increasingly difficult to have the right people who will give me good serious critical feedback.
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby Beorn_J » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:41 am

bad luck chicken, just keep at it! always aim for higher standards with everything you write.

i am too finding serious critical evaluations hard to get

how about i seriously critique some of yours, and you critique some of mine?
Beorn_J
Supreme

Postby Beorn_J » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:43 am

and chicken another thing to start doing is make yourself your harshest critique, get as much as possible out of your talent. live for the art
Beorn_J
Supreme

Postby elko » Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:37 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-chicken+Jun 6 2005, 09:10 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chicken @ Jun 6 2005, 09:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> got word today from the folks who run the workshop......your standard "unfortunately we can't accept everyone who applies....yadda yadda yadda"

such is life.
i think it means i need to work harder; which is a pain because i'm finding it increasingly difficult to have the right people who will give me good serious critical feedback. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Keep at it chicken, to paraphrase Groucho Marx, I wouldn't want to join any poetics workshop that wouldn't have you as a member.

But how unfortunate that the thing you need to improve (critical feedback) could have been found at the place that wanted you to improve before they let you in...
elko
Site Admin

Postby Still Ill » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:38 am

Aw chicken, sorry to hear. They lost a good one in you.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:07 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-chicken+Jun 6 2005, 08:10 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chicken @ Jun 6 2005, 08:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
such is life. 
i think it means i need to work harder; which is a pain because i'm finding it increasingly difficult to have the right people who will give me good serious critical feedback.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Very sorry to know this, chicken. I hope you don't feel dishearted by the news. The main thing is that you have potential and artisitc vision - and you do for sure. Things like these do pay, I am sure. I guess it's not easy to get proper feedback because not many people really know or understand poetry.
But still, you have the will to write, you have the passion. And if you're feeling disappointed right now, it's a feeling you can transform into words.
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:33 am

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->But still, you have the will to write, you have the passion. And if you're feeling disappointed right now, it's a feeling you can transform into words. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
thank you rubygirl. you're the bestest.
not sure if transforming this mess into words is the thing to do right now though. i've yet to hit ya'll with "Gorzal" (who was Lot's wife, the word is Hebrew for "the nameless one" or so i've been told) or "Matthew: 9:5" which has an absolutely dismal ending, not in terms of wordcraft, but in terms of meaning. it ain't happy. and neither am i.

the clouds always part. rain always comes. and the sun will shine tomorrow. this is the way of things.
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Previous

Return to The Creativity Corner