[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - Request

Request

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Postby elko » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:36 pm

I was wondering whether any of you could something to help promote the forum. Basically, I'm sure you all go on other forums, and it would be a great way to spread word of this forum if any of you could put a link to this forum in your signature. Not only does this mean that other forum members will see it, but because of the way search engines work (following any links), it will improve this sites ranking. Also, if you have the option of having different words as the link, then something having the words Smiths Forum in the link means that this forum will come higher in google searches for 'smiths forum'. Something like this would be great: <a href='http://www.strangeways.tk' target='_blank'>Strangeways - The Smiths Forum</a>
Hopefully if enough people do this then search engines would put this site top of the list for Smiths forum searches.
Thanks,
elko
elko
Site Admin

Postby Still Ill » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:09 am

Will do! Still looking for another way to lure the worthwhile posters from Moz-solo. There are a quite a few true Smiths fans there. A link may help. Do you ever venture there, elko?
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:18 pm

I don't believe I do.
elko
Site Admin

Postby girl_afraid » Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:17 pm

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->There are a quite a few true Smiths fans there<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Oh but some are so nasty!! *sniffle* I do find that sometimes I'm too scared to post for fear of being utterly ripped apart by people going "WHAT??? YOU IDIOT, HOW DARE YOU THINK THAT??!" <!--emo&:ph34r:-->Image<!--endemo-->

That site is great for news though, I thought the story about that woman dropping her shopping after Morrissey's car crash was hilarious. The actual story about Moz being an accident wasn't so funny though. "You're Morrissey!" <!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo-->

Although the greater question is, why didn't she run over and say "Here, you're obviously very shaken up, why don't we get you home and you can have a cup of tea and a biscuit?" Life is full of mysteries.

AAAANYWAY, yeah, I can chuck the link on my signatures at several sites <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/fishnet_monkey/' target='_blank'>-click-</a>

I decree today that life is simply taking and not giving
England is mine, it owes me a living
But ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
Oh, ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
But we cannot cling to the old dreams anymore
No, we cannot cling to those dreams
Does the body rule the mind or does the mind rule the body?
I dunno...
Under the iron bridge we kissed
And although I ended up with sore lips
It just wasn't like the old days anymore
No, it wasn't like those days
Am I still ill...?
girl_afraid
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:57 pm

Cheers, much appreciated <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->
I would post on the Moz-solo forum but I think it was Morrissey Music I posted on and it got a bit of flack, which I don't need.

btw GirlAfraid: remember I mentioned the whole record label thing...well it looks as though it is happenening. A Cat Using Only It's Ass Could Do Better have agreed to join in theory, as have others <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->:D:D very plleased.
elko
Site Admin

Postby girl_afraid » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:25 pm

Really? Dude, that's so exciting! I really hope it all works out for you <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/fishnet_monkey/' target='_blank'>-click-</a>

I decree today that life is simply taking and not giving
England is mine, it owes me a living
But ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
Oh, ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
But we cannot cling to the old dreams anymore
No, we cannot cling to those dreams
Does the body rule the mind or does the mind rule the body?
I dunno...
Under the iron bridge we kissed
And although I ended up with sore lips
It just wasn't like the old days anymore
No, it wasn't like those days
Am I still ill...?
girl_afraid
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:34 pm

I will put up more info when I have sorted myself out, but basically it is going to be a non-profit thing designed to showcase unsigned bands. I have really been suprised at the quality of artists.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Still Ill » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:35 am

Ok, yes, I went to the general forum side on Moz-solo and what possessed me to scroll over mundane, meaningless (to me) posts I'll never know (ok looking for any Smiths-related items), BUT came across your name elko! Got a chuckle when the fellow you were posting back and forth with asked if you were American! Thanks to Rob for plugging the site. A new Moz site, clever if only a half-truth. And someone accused you of not being able to handle a new Moz site. Jeeez. What's this about a record label elko? Fill us in, or did I miss a thread on this?
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:16 pm

Morrissey-solo seems to be 99% rubbish, unless they are all in-jokes which I'm out of.
Yes I am giving thought to setting up a record label for unsigned bands called Rubber Ring Records, and it looks like it will be happening. There is some really good stuff out and about. The site will be up soon at rubberringrecords.com, once I have enough artists to put on the roster.
Last edited by elko on Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Still Ill » Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:16 am

What an awesome name for a record label. I imagine there's no copyright infringement laws in the way of using that name? Still, it sounds like an exciting venture. Keep us posted on how it comes along, I'm sure we're all interested in how that part of the music industry works, I know I am. To see it from its humble beginnings, who knows where it will take you, as well as other musicians out there that it may support. Not to mention the wealth of knowledge it will serve down the road. You might even start a thread on this. How did it all come about and what does it take to get it going. A diary of sorts. (Well, like you aren't busy enough <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo--> )
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:51 am

I am still suprising unbusy, unless you count trawling through soundclick.com for hidden gems. I think there are about 5 or 6 artists who have now said they will at the least be on a compilation, and so I am just collecting money from all sources to buy various things needed. I think the website will be up next week, so I may put a diary thing on there sometime. At the moment I just trying to focus on getting it started.
elko
Site Admin

Return to General Chat