Sandie Shaw

Craig Gannon, Ivor Perry, Stephen Street, John Porter, Troy Tate, what are they up to?

Postby Miserable Liar » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:10 pm

You could class hr as a smiths member, I think she needs her own thread, from what i've heard she is a very good singer.

Other people may lead this thread, I know nout on her man (my manc side shining through, how awful hehe).
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:09 pm

I certainly wouldn't class her as a Smiths member.

Her career was almost entirely contained by the sixties, and she only released one single with The Smiths.

To be honest, I only know one of her songs, 'Puppet On A String', which I think won Eurovision. From what I gather, she was slightly famous for performing barefoot. <!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo-->
elko
Site Admin

Postby Miserable Liar » Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:05 pm

Yeh, but you need to give her a thread, she deserves at least that.
Haven't you heard "Theres always something there to remind me"? I'll download it and put it on the GMail account, if that was her, or "Downtown", if that was her.
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:56 pm

Oh, I do know both those songs. I don't think she was the original performer of either.

And yes, of course she deserves a thread <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->
elko
Site Admin

Postby Miserable Liar » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:17 pm

Yuhuh!
Looking at the banner right now, im thinking, Johnny Marr's hair is proper good!
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:20 pm

I love sandie shaw! she's excellent!
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby tallulahtaurus » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:05 pm

always something there to remind me was a sandie shaw song (and a bloody good one at that) but i swear downtown was cilla black!!!

i do like her her voice has a poignancy, i got her greatest hits and some of the songs are quite special... but i don't quite grasp why morrissey idolised her so much...she's not that good!!!!
<span style='color:purple'>Romantic and square is hip and aware - J.M.

Talent borrows genius steals

Gasping dying but somehow still alive this is the fierce last stand of all I am</span>
tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:50 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-tallulahtaurus+Jun 17 2005, 04:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tallulahtaurus @ Jun 17 2005, 04:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->always something there to remind me was a sandie shaw song (and a bloody good one at that) but i swear downtown was cilla black!!!

i do like her her voice has a poignancy, i got her greatest hits and some of the songs are quite special... but i don't quite grasp why morrissey idolised her so much...she's not that good!!!!<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
At the risk of sounding like an insufferable smart-arse on my first day here, Downtown was Petula Clark I think.

An interesting fact about Sandie Shaw that's been forgotten is that in the 60s she produced a lot of her own records at a time when even the biggest names around (Beatles, Stones etc.) were being bossed around by studio boffins. And this was a girl of barely 18!

"Sexist drivel with a cuckoo clock tune" - Sandie on Puppet On A String

Respect!
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Re:

Postby DAVIE » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:01 pm

Hand in Glove (Morrissey apparently danced to her version on Top Of The Tops), I Don't Owe You Anything (which I dunno if it was release offically, but is a bootleg)...She even wrote a song to Morrissey, which is on her greatest hits! I think they were her only good songs too haha!
DAVIE

Return to Other Players