[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - Other Forums

Other Forums

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Postby elko » Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:36 pm

What other forums do you go on? Feel free to post links...

I frequent the <a href='http://www.bristolforum.co.uk' target='_blank'>Bristol Forum</a> which hosts this site, and the <a href='http://www.otib.co.uk' target='_blank'>Bristol City FC Forum</a>. I sometimes visit a <a href='http://www.radiomute.com' target='_blank'>Music Forum</a>, but it's not great.

elko
elko
Site Admin

Postby girl_afraid » Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:54 pm

The one I go to the most is a <a href='http://pub82.ezboard.com/bmoulinrouge15657' target='_blank'>Moulin Rouge board</a> and although I had a period where I couldn't be bothered to do anything Internet-related except MSN Messenger and downloading, I'm back to visiting it a lot. I've been going there for ages and even though I'm nowhere near as obsessed with Moulin Rouge as I used to be, I've got quite a lot of friends there, so it's all good.

I used to go the official Friends board but everyone there was evil so I left... I hate it when people are like that and laugh at you if you get one teeny tiny bit of information about the thing wrong. *sniff*
<a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/fishnet_monkey/' target='_blank'>-click-</a>

I decree today that life is simply taking and not giving
England is mine, it owes me a living
But ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
Oh, ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
But we cannot cling to the old dreams anymore
No, we cannot cling to those dreams
Does the body rule the mind or does the mind rule the body?
I dunno...
Under the iron bridge we kissed
And although I ended up with sore lips
It just wasn't like the old days anymore
No, it wasn't like those days
Am I still ill...?
girl_afraid
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:59 pm

Can't say I'm a big Moulin Rouge fan, or even that I've seen it (or even that I want to), but whatever floats your boat I suppose. Be sure to give this forum a plug <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->

elko
elko
Site Admin

Postby girl_afraid » Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:29 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-elko+Aug 28 2004, 06:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (elko @ Aug 28 2004, 06:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Can't say I'm a big Moulin Rouge fan, or even that I've seen it (or even that I want to) <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
And I could say the same thing about football, mister! <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->

No-one there is particularly intrested in either Moz or The Smiths, and that's part of the reason I stopped going there for a while - I didn't care about Moulin Rouge as much as I did, and there wasn't anyone to discuss the thing I really cared about with...
<a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/fishnet_monkey/' target='_blank'>-click-</a>

I dunno...
Am I still ill...?
girl_afraid
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:36 pm

No offence meant, of course. Just looked on one post - When did you lose your Moulin Rouge virginity? <!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo--> It never struck me as the sort of film that is life changing. Or are they all obsessive nutters on there?

elko
elko
Site Admin

Postby girl_afraid » Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:44 pm

Yep, all obsessives! But everyone there is really nice, and they seem to like my poetry (at least, they lie and say they do) and it's nice to get positive feedback.

What are the people like on the other forums you go to?

I dunno...
Am I still ill...?
girl_afraid
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:53 pm

Well Bristol Forum is very nice, and the owner (Ross) is basically letting me have the space for this forum. You may have noticed the proper address for it is bristolforum.co.uk/smith. The people on it, suprisingly, are mostly from Bristol, so we've met up a few times and even formed a 5-a-side football team. Feel free to join that one, it's not just Bristol talk.

Bristol City FC forum, suprisingly, is full of City fans. Too many people my age think they know everything about football and talk in txt msg speak. If you don't like football, there's a chance you might not like this forum.

Would you put some of your poetry <a href='http://bristolforum.co.uk/smith/index.php?showtopic=59' target='_blank'>here</a>?

elko
elko
Site Admin

Postby girl_afraid » Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:58 pm

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Too many people my age think they know everything about football and talk in txt msg speak.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

God, I HATE when people talk like that! My friend's sister (hu tlks like dis) gave me her friend's email address because she likes Placebo too, and I (naively) thought that since she had decent music taste, she'd type properly, but no. Apparently "tnx" means thanks, although I would have guessed it was an acronym for Tiny Nacho X-Rays or something, and "sominic" has nothing to do with Sonic - it's actually "something"(!!)

I'll have a mosey over to the Poetry thread thing...
Last edited by girl_afraid on Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I dunno...
Am I still ill...?
girl_afraid
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:02 pm

I can never take them seriously if they do that. Theres no race to type as quick as possible, or in as few letters as you can. Even the little things bug me, like u instead of you, 2 instead of to, etc.
elko
Site Admin

Return to General Chat