[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - Where are you from?

Where are you from?

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Postby Mozzerella » Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:18 am

And here's an overall view of Joensuu center. I live near the church on the left (if you can see the church tower.) Sorry for the large photo.

<a href='http://www.last.fm/user/Mozaic/?chartstyle=MeatisMurder' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Postby tallulahtaurus » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:03 pm

ooooh this has been interesting seeing where you all reside I am from brighton...and so I am nearish the sea

i could've found brightly lit pics of the pier and sunset pics of the sea but this is the sea as I am used to seeing it...downcast and miserable...
<a href='http://www.killingtimeproductions.com/photos/ukfall04/photos/Brighton%20Beach.jpg' target='_blank'>http://www.killingtimeproductions.com/phot...ton%20Beach.jpg</a>

this is a map of brighton and I live in the shitey council estate known to locals as moulsescum...although oficially it is called moulsecoomb

<a href='http://tinypic.com/9qycm0.jpg' target='_blank'>http://tinypic.com/9qycm0.jpg</a>

i don't know how to put the actual pictures in here...but there is so many cool brighton pictures...i have found a site full of olden day photos of brighton which has coincidentally been occupying my time recently...i love the history of places I know of and aren't old photos of places you know really creepy...or am I just weird
<span style='color:purple'>Romantic and square is hip and aware - J.M.

Talent borrows genius steals

Gasping dying but somehow still alive this is the fierce last stand of all I am</span>
tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:43 pm

Mozzerella that pic is beautiful, just stunning, Disney style.

Tallulah I'd second the old photos creepy factor, we have a photo of our old street, taken in 1903, it's odd to see car-less streets with kids playing hula in the road.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Mozzerella » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:58 pm

What do you mean by Disney style, Elko? Define that right now. Sweet and sugary..? <!--emo&:rolleyes:-->Image<!--endemo-->

And yes, it would be lovely to see more pictures of Brighton, Tallulah.
Last edited by Mozzerella on Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<a href='http://www.last.fm/user/Mozaic/?chartstyle=MeatisMurder' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:09 pm

Just perfect! Looks like it was drawn to look beautiful, rather than actually existing.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Mozzerella » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:23 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-elko+Jul 31 2005, 10:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (elko @ Jul 31 2005, 10:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Just perfect! Looks like it was drawn to look beautiful, rather than actually existing. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
I think it looks as if the town was in the middle of a thick forest. There sure are lots of parks and trees here but you don't pay so much attention to that when you live here. But that's how it is in every small town in Finland.
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Postby tallulahtaurus » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:35 pm

woah elko now that I would find proper creepy...does it look a bit like this...

<a href='http://tinypic.com/9r176a.jpg' target='_blank'>http://tinypic.com/9r176a.jpg</a>

this is as close i have found to my street, the street I used to live on ages ago...iin circa 1926-30 its a well rough place nowadays....i lived up near the trees end but its all changed so my navigation might be well off??

have been looking through these photos all day...and I havde re established that I don't like back to backs...Ive always found back to back housing wrong even nowadays because they are such an ancient archaic design (I know that theres still lots up north...leeds was an eye opener for me) they are such conspicuously poor houses...you know that suffering has happened within them... well i don't like them and I think thats why....

so oldey pictures of them are terrrifying...amazing to think people lived like that with no gardens and with a house directly in front of theirs....nasty

Gasping dying but somehow still alive this is the fierce last stand of all I am</span>
tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Postby tallulahtaurus » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:38 pm

oh and mozzarella I think i sees where you be (i was too thick to remember to say that before)....i love all these pictures v cool... good thread <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->

tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Postby The Boy with a thorn in his side » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:37 pm

A small town in Hampshire called Alton, the birthplace of Jane Austen in fact. Its not exactly picturesque, but some areas have a wonderful aesthetic, when I get round to it I'll post a photo of the view from my bedroom window, I can see virtually the whole town. I agree Tallulah, a very good thread indeed.
I'd love to see some of these places, in fact just now I was disscussing travelling the world in a few years with a friend. We were fantasising about all of the amazing things we could do and experience, so right now I'm very excited about the world, especially since I visited 4 countries in a week a couple of days ago.
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/edcallow/" target="_blank">.</a>
The Boy with a thorn in his side
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mozzerella » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:57 pm

Which countries did you visit? I'd like to visit UK, I've never been there.
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Postby clarky » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:26 am

i live in an uninteresting place called banbury
clarky
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mozzerella » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:45 am

Where is it situated? I've never even heard of it.
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Postby chrisarclark » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:30 am

Barrie, ON, CAN (juste north of Toronto).
"I'm just passing through here on my way to somewhere civilized and maybe I'll even arrive, maybe I'll even arrive..."
chrisarclark
Advanced

Postby clarky » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:17 am

its a little placed crapped inbetween northamptonshire and oxford
clarky
Smiths Nut!

Postby this_charming_girl » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:31 am

i'm right on the coast in Bournemouth. it's not too bad, at least i have the beach near me!
Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat